Tuesday 20 July 2010

The All Important Second Post.

If time could be measured in a linear sense, then one could suggest that it has been a while now since my last post. One would also be right, but behold my children of curious wonderment, your patience shall now be rewarded. It is time to introduce a friend of mine that has been long in the making. So long in fact that he is not finished, but none the less I am as proud of him as any father figure would be of his over achieving son.

I give you Skag.





He has been crafted from Super Sculpey and painted with acrylic. Once completed he will stand (proudly) at over two feet tall, or over sixty five centimetres in the modern tongue. His modesty will be preserved with custom made jeans and t-shirt. Perhaps that is why the poor fellow has not been completed. I do loathe needle work.

The intention was to create a series of statues, whilst using a heavy dose social commentary, to highlight the undesirables that haunt us in our daily lives. The unfortunate character that I have brought to your attention is the embodiment of a homeless drug user. Hence the unfortunate nickname of Skag. I am, as I am sure all you readers are, excited about seeing him completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment