Monday 15 August 2011

Turner Contemporary.

I had an adventure up a mountain, but before I post about that I want to first tell you about the wonder that is the Turner Contemporary in Margate.

Yes, I know there was mixed emotions about putting a contemporary art gallery in what is often thought to be a dying, if not dead holiday location, but I would say I was pleasently surprised if I did not hold my judgement before experiencing it for myself.

On the whole, I was pleasently surprised...

I will not go into what the art work was like nor shall I tell you stories of the artists' work that was on display, instead I will be giving you some insight as to what the gallery itself is like so hold on to who ever is nearest and read on my friends.

It was rather lovely if not a little smelly when out side. Sea breaze is often not as romantically pungent as one may often lead themselves to believe. The inside was clean and the staff were helpful and easily approachable. They also have a massive lift but I shall dedicate more time on that later. The gallery may be a little small but it utilises the space it has very well. In fact I would go as far to say if I suffered both agoraphobia and claustrophobia, I would be in perfect harmony.

Without spouting nonesense any further I shall leave you with a summary; good gallery for where it is and a little smelly outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment